Samstag, 10. Mai 2014

Dat Butt! Pillow...

Hello there!

Today was almost a productive day. I say almost because it took me all day to make something I could have finished in less than 3 hours but at least it's pretty!

I finished the first thing on my Checklist! The butt pillow:




In the late Victorian Era women stopped wearing the hoop skirts and the so called "cul de paris" and changed it to something more comfortable: the butt pillow! I don't know what it's actually called but I love the term butt pillow.

This is the unfinished version. I added some ruffles after I took that picture because a) it looks prettier, b) it gives a little more support and the skirt worn over it won't have a weird shape.


It's a very agreeable butt pillow, don't you think? I think it's really cute. I'm curious how it's going to look under the under skirt and the gown I'm going to wear. Hopefully it's not collapsing too much but with all that stuffing inside, I really doubt that.

What would you call this thing? Or do you even know the correct term for it? Tell me in the comments below!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen