Donnerstag, 19. April 2012

Sometimes you just need to shut the ef up!

Hello Ladies! Long time no read.

Some days ago I got into a stupid argument with a girl on youtube. Youtube is actually my favourite thing to waste my time with and I watch videos about everything! The videos I watch mostly are about fashion, make-up, cooking or they are comedic web series but I also like to watch this one awesome guy that makes video game props, like full Skyrim armours and Zelda shields (He also has videos on how to forge reals swords! Real swords! With metal and fire and holy crap!).

However, there is that one girl who does make-up tutorial and such. She is cute and I enjoyed watching her (not for the tutorial really, mostly because of her look and her voice). Last week she up loaded a fashion video and I saw what styles she tried to show her viewers but, to be quite frank, she failed. I have no idea what came over me but I decided to write her a message, telling her that she should maybe stick with the make-up because the fashion thing was not her thing. I tried to make it as positive as possible, I used the word "sorry" a lot and I really didn't mean to offend her, I just wanted to give her some feedback but of course she got offended.

She got offended, told me that I was rude and that she wouldn't dress like me but she also would never tell me that I dress poorly, she would just "chalk it up to different styles." Now... that pissed me off. I know, I started it by giving her a not 100% positive feedback but what she said hit a nerve.


That's the outfit I wore in the video she saw. It's a well co-ordinated outfit. The colours are balanced out and, in my opinion, it effing suits me!

The thing is, people look at us Lolitas and only see oddly dressed girls, with weird dresses but to be a good Lolita, you have to have a great fashion sense. The saying: "Brand only doesn't make a good Lolita", is 100% true. You need to know how to put the pieces together. We don't "dress poorly" because we have no fashion sense. It's the people who only see "not normal", "not according to the run-of-the-mill fashion rules".

Well, at that point I decided that I was stupid to think that she would accept my feedback and that it would have been better to just "STFU"!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen