Sonntag, 18. März 2012

Doctor Who Scarf

I totally forgot to blog about this super nerdy thing I've done!

So, my friend is a huge Doctor Who fan (me actually too) and for Valentines Day I knitted him the Doctor Who scarf (well, Valentines Day was the original deadline I set for me).


A little something about Doctor Who and the scarf. Oh, this is going to be a little complicated. Doctor Who is a British TV series about a time-traveler called the Doctor. The first episode aired on November 23rd 1963. Whenever the Doctor dies, he regenerates and comes back but in a different form, which means whenever one actor is getting too old or wants to do something else, the Doctor dies and a new actor takes over. Until now 11 different actors played the Doctor and all of them had different "costumes"/outfits.


The fourth Doctor had this ridiculous long scarf. Originally the scarf was about 6 meter long but they shortened it for the series. They shortened it, made a duplicate, took parts out, sewed original and duplicate together, made a new one... etc etc... If you are interested in the history of the scarf, you can read about it here (Unfortunately, you can't any longer. The side is down :/). It's actually quite fun to read about it, even though you might not like Doctor Who.


The scarf I made is "only" around 4 meters long. I tried to find one yarn-brand that had all the right colours so the scarf wouldn't look unevenly kitted because of the different wools and thicknesses. It worked out quite well. The wool I found was a little thicker than it should have been so I reduced the stitches from 66 to 40.
It turned out really great and I got a lot of compliments for it (especially from the members of the Doctor Who regulars table which makes me sooo proud!).

Do you knit? Tell me in the comments below!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen