Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012

Sewing Utensils

Hello Ladies!

As you may know, I'm a professional seamstress and today I want to give the other sewing Lolitas some tips.

Some time ago I ordered a cutting wheel. A cutting wheel is especially convenient if you are cutting slippery fabric like Chiffon or lining material. The problem with cutting those materials is that if you try to cut them with scissors, the fabric slides all over the place and you don't get a sharp and straight edge.


I would recommend a cutting wheel not only for slippery material but also for thin cotton. It's really easy to handle and you get a perfectly straight cut edge.

The next thing is, and I heard that in my first workshop lesson, don't roll up your measuring tape! Store it loose with your other stuff.


I know it takes up a lot of space but if you roll it up, it will at some point make the tape porous. It ruins the measuring tape quite quickly.

 Now to something very important, your sewing machine. Keep your machine clean. Try to cover it up if you don't use it, clean it once in a while with a paintbrush and oil it at least once a year. You can look up where the oil needs to go in the instruction manual.

Whenever the seam seems uneven, like the individual stitches are not the same length, first check if the thread is running correctly trough the machine. If it's not the thread, check the needle. The needle can seem perfectly fine but still cause the problem. Change it and you will see the difference.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen