Freitag, 17. Februar 2012

Over-Underwear

Every Lolita knows what "bloomers" are and most of us feel uncomfortable leaving the house without bloomers under our skirts but where do bloomers come from?

Bloomers, popularized by Amelia Bloomer in the early 1850, were originally baggy pants narrowing to a cuff at the ankles. They should "preserve Victorian decency" but give the ladies more legroom (legroom is actually a word, no matter how stupid it sounds ^^). Hardly any woman at that time wore bloomers, they were not socially accepted and made fun off.
In the late 19th century they became shorter and were worn for sports by women only. When it become respectable for women to wear pants and shorts, around 1930, bloomers became less and less common. Some schools had them as part of their sport uniforms until 1980 and in Japan their use persisted into the early 2000s. Well, as sport pants.

Today I found an item on etsy that made me laugh out loud! (*lol* in real life!)


It's a "Ruffle Butt Diaper Cover Bloomer" for babies. I sew bloomers for grown woman that look exactly the same! In fact, my favorite bloomers look like that. They are mint with white stripes and have white and baby pink lace on the bum :D I don't know why this amuses me so much but it does ^^


I hope you are having an amazing day!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen