Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011

Engineer Boots

I always had trouble finding shoes. The two main reasons are: I have big feet, a Japanese 26 or a European 41, and I'm picky ^^

Since last year I'm trying to find the perfect boots for me. I wanted flat, black lace-up boots, not too military looking, more victorian-lady-like or cute looking and, hands down, I was not able to find shoes like that! They were either brown, not feminine enough or simply too expensive.

At some point I just gave up and stopped looking but when I went shoe shopping with my sister some weeks ago it came to me. Engineer boots are in this year and you get them in all shapes and sizes... I'm going to pimp a ordinary pair to make them look something like this:


And this is what I came up with:


I took of the studded ribbons and replaced them with faux fur cuffs. The cuffs are closed with a satin ribbon and I attached a pearl chain.

Actually I wanted to write a tutorial on how to makes those but I ended up making them the most complicated way possible ^^ Every time you make something for the first time, you have to figure out how to make it and how to improve your technique. I may write a tutorial at some point, if you really want it but at the moment I only know how you shouldn't make them.

What kind of boots/shoes do you prefer for the winter? Tell me in the comments below!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen