Donnerstag, 3. November 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness

On this day, two years ago, my Granny died of breast cancer. Well, it wasn't the breast cancer that killed her in the end but it all started out as breast cancer.

It was incredible painful to watch her in her last month and I'm crying as I'm writing this. I don't want your pity, I want to make you aware that your chances of getting cured from breast cancer are very high if you recognise the cancer in the early stages.

The best thing would be to get a mammogram very year from your 18th birthday on if their are cases of breast cancer in your family. That's a bit drastic, I know. I tend to get a bit paranoid when it comes to cancer. That's why I run straight to the doctor whenever I feel the tiniest knot. That's another thing you can do, touch your boobies. I'm serious ^^ Feel your breasts, figure out how they should feel if you are healthy and if you feel a knot or something has changed, go get it checked.

This is a very important topic to me. Last month was breast cancer awareness month and as much as it hurts me, that it was too late for my granny, it still makes me very happy and optimistic, that people around the world are working hard on a cure for breast cancer.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen