Donnerstag, 17. November 2011

Blouse: Yes but No!

I was asked if I could write a tutorial on how to sew a blouse. My answer to that:

yes but no but yes but no but yes but no... (if you get the reference, here is an imaginary cookie for you!)

Yes of course I can write down how to sew a blouse. I've done that several times, it was part of my education. But that's the problem. I'm trained to write working plans for people who are trained to read and understand them.

I'm having a hard time explaining technical terms because I never had to. Another thing would be that I never had to write a working plan in English. And the last thing... there are so many different designs that are sewn differently! For example, there are 3 different kind of button tapes, 4 different kind of collars, 7 different kind of sleeves (that I can think off on the top of my head), 2 different kind of cuffs and for a cuff you need a sleeve vent. I know 4 different ways how to sew a sleeve vent.
You see where this is heading? I can't just write one tutorial because if you change the design, it's very possible that the tutorial won't help you any longer.

So, I'm still thinking about if I should really do this. It would be sooo much work, not only sewing and writing it but also answering your questions. And there will be questions! Because I'm not good at explaining things ^^ Even though I want to help you and I want to show you how it's done, I'm not sure if I can handle all the work. I had half a year (18 hours a week) of training before I could sew a blouse and I had my teacher, who always told me the next step. Blouses are one of the most advanced things to sew :/

I hope you will understand my reasons if  I decide not to show you how it's done. I'm still thinking about it and trying to figure out how to do it if I do it. But I can't promise anything!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen