Montag, 10. Oktober 2011

Cricut Crafting

I discovered something on youtube and I seriously wish I would not have!

That sounds serious but it's not. It's just a very expensive hobby I would like to have but since it's so expensive, there is no way I could afford it. It's "card making". Not ordinary card making but super awesome card making with a cricut machine.


A cricut is a paper cutting machine. That's the easiest way to describe it. You have a memory card, called cartridge, with different motifs and the cricut cuts it for you. That's how cards like this are created:



This is one of the many tutorials you find on youtube.

I'm so amazed and I just want to sit down and make cards. I'm pretty sure the "Rococo Gods" (Götter des Rokoko) would totally agree with this. But (!) these machines are effing expensive. The small one up there is the cricut Create and it costs about 300€ in Germany. I saw it on ebay for about 150$ with shipping but that's still super expensive for me. Also, without a cartridge you can't use the cricut. The cartridge would be another 30-40$. I would love to have the cricut Imagine, you can print and cut at the same time. You don't have to buy coloured paper, you simply print it! The Imagine is the most expensive one, it costs unbelievable 600€ in Germany.

I want a cricut so bad, I would give away my Lolita wardrobe for an Imagine :( It makes me really unhappy that I can't just buy one. But I know myself and I know that I wouldn't use it very often because I tend to loose the interest in my hobbies quite quickly. On the other hand, maybe this is like Lolita and it becomes part of my life?

Did something like this ever happen to you? Did you ever want something so badly?

PS: You can even make wall decoration ;____;

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen